Sunday 18 September 2016

Audience feedback on draft digipak

I decided to gather some audience feedback on my digipak to see whether I should make any changes when shooting for my actual digipak.

What do you like about it?
'I think overall it is a good digipak. I like the colouring you've used as it sets a mood for the sort of music that will be played in the album' I particularly like the positioning of the girl on the front and back cover as on the front where she is central it looks symmetrical and like a proper album cover and on the back, where the face only covers a quarter of the page.'

'I really like the font which you've used and that you've used the same one throughout the digipak. I also like the colouring and the CD with the yin and yan on, that's a really clever idea for helping with the representation of the album.'

What should I improve?
' I think that you should consider where you are going to shoot each picture as the background will be important as well as the main person modelling. You should also think about the lighting of each picture as they all have to fit together and you don't want one picture to be really bright, representing one thing and the other really dark, representing another.'

'Make sure the pictures in the middle slides relate and fit with the theme of the whole digipak. Beware that it might be hard to get a picture of the shoes and make it look effective. Also think about the costume, will it be the same throughout the digipak?'

What I've learnt from this 
My overall basic idea is a good one and I will keep the main person as a female model. I will also take the photo using the rule of thirds, either centeral of the left, the right or in the centre of the photo. I have since considered my background and location and I will shoot my photos on Attenborough nature reserve, using a range of lactions within the reserve but they won't look too far different. In terms of lighting, I will use natural lighting as this often produces the best photographs and means that with this basic lighting, I can then manipluate it later on with editing. I have also decided that for my middle slides, I will probably take the original photos as planned but also experiment with some different shots on the day and use ones of the female model as these link together easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment